THL Credit Advisors (‘THL’) is an asset manager with business segments focused on the direct lending and tradeable credits spaces.
A Senior Solutions Architect is an internal technology development role that integrates business systems design and implementation experience with business process knowledge in the above-mentioned business spaces. The role requires a person who approaches challenges and solutions design with confidence.
A successful candidate will combine a deep understanding of SQL Server (in addition to other relational database platforms and programming languages) together with a high-level understanding and appreciation of mainstream middle- and client-tier technology, as well as a solid understanding of the capital markets, to help THL business partners implement optimal solutions. The candidate must be comfortable challenging status quo when warranted and must be eager to own a leadership role on important business-impacting technology-driven initiatives. Recommendations provided by the candidate must be based on sound analysis that aligns with THL’s strategic vision for its business.
· Working directly with THL business partners and external consultants and vendors (on- and off-site)
· Based in Chicago or Boston.
· Limited US travel will be required; project dependent
With direct exposure to vendors and consultants, the candidate must be able to communicate effectively and coordinate solution delivery.
Optionally, the candidate may work in close partnership with an experienced TenDelta consultant through their initial ramp-up period for the purposes of knowledge transfer and any additional business domain training that may be required.
· Deep SQL Server or similar (DB2, Oracle, Sybase, SAP, etc.) experience
· Experience with implementation of data manipulation logic (stored procedures, views, table-valued & scalar functions, CTEs etc.)
· Logical and physical database design experience
· Deep understanding of transactional vs. warehouse (reporting) database optimization, as well as general database tuning techniques
· Understanding of development methodologies (e.g. UML)
· Exposure to and basic understanding of the coding and structure of object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C++, .NET, Java, Python, R, Ruby)
· Deep understanding of the current capital markets technology environment, including vendor software and service offerings
· Understanding of, and experience with data visualization methods and tools
· Understanding of, and experience with Black Mountain Systems’ Everest and IHS Markit’s Wall Street Office platforms is considered a plus
· Working understanding of capital markets processes and products, with an emphasis on the syndicated loan market, including but not limited to the direct lending and tradeable credits spaces
· Good interpersonal and client relationship management skills
· Ability to articulate potential solution designs to both technology professionals and business partners
· Ability to perform within a team setting, as well as independently with minimal supervision
· Experience with driving projects and managing multiple deliverables in a fast-paced setting
· Enthusiasm for ‘cutting edge’ capital markets business strategy and development opportunities.
In relation to the Senior Solutions Architect role, THL is flexible with respect to relevant (financial markets) experience, the focus being on the ability to think logically and implement solutions efficiently. That said, technologies evolve, and the candidate will be expected to grow and diversify their knowledge base through their tenure.
Your application was submitted successfully.