THL Credit is an alternative credit investment manager for both direct lending and broadly syndicated investments through public and private vehicles, collateralized loan obligations, separately managed accounts and co-mingled funds. THL Credit and its subsidiary maintain a variety of advisory and sub-advisory relationships across their investment platforms, including THL Credit, Inc. (Nasdaq: TCRD), a publicly traded business development company, and THL Credit Senior Loan Fund (NYSE: TSLF), a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company.
THL Credit is headquartered in Boston, with additional investment teams in Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and New York, allowing it to be close to its portfolio companies as well as its origination and syndication sources. Over the years, THL Credit has developed deep and diverse national relationships that it leverages to maximize investment opportunities across its platforms. THL Credit is the credit affiliate of the Boston-based private equity firm Thomas H. Lee Partners L.P. (“THL Partners”).
THL Credit is seeking an Associate for the Direct Lending team in its Chicago office. The successful candidate will have a top tier undergraduate education, a strong desire to become a private debt and leveraged credit investment professional, an understanding of the credit markets and experience financing companies based on cash flows as well as financial assets.
The Associate will be involved in all facets of the direct lending process including, but not limited to: investment screening, financial modeling, industry research, performing all levels of due diligence on potential investments, interfacing with investment bankers, company management and private equity sponsors, creating investment committee presentations, research and portfolio monitoring/management.
Desired Skills & Experience
• 1-3 years of experience in a top investment banking program
• Leveraged finance and/or restructuring experience is preferred
• Strong academic credentials from a top tier school(s); Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, finance or economics is preferred
• Strong financial modeling skills required; must demonstrate high degree of comfort dealing with a variety of capital structures
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be a team player, intellectually curious and proactive